Thursday, January 13, 2011

Parque Valladolid

Our apartment is at the end of a small gated cul-de-sac just across the street from the Parque Valladolid, or Valladolid Park. Here is a view standing on the street near our apartment looking through the gate and at the park.
This is the corner of the park nearest our apartment. I like the plants and the way the rocks are used to create different sections of the park. It is worth noting here that apparently there are no provisions to water the park. It is watered by rain, or not at all. I have been told that Cuenca gets about 40 inches of rain per year, and the park seems to be doing just fine.
It also has playground equipment in three different places. It may not be obvious at first glance, but one of the items included here is a zip line. Not very steep, and not very high off the ground, but a zip line nonetheless. Some day when no one is looking, I'm going to try it out.
Then this is looking back from the park into our cul-de-sac. Our apartment is at the far end on the left.Then, just because I probably won't get this picture in if I don't include it now, this is a man that was selling rockets in one of the markets. These are slightly larger than the bottle rockets that I grew up on. I asked the price, and he said "$12 per dozen" which even I can figure out is a dollar each. I didn't get any, but I may go back.
We had a beautiful day today, probably the nicest we have had since arriving. The temperature was up in the upper 70s, with lots of sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment