Friday, December 18, 2009

Another market

Today Susan and I went to a market about 3/4 of a mile west of our apartment. Samuel and I looked it over briefly yesterday, but today Susan and I bought two full grocery bags of fruit and vegetables, as well as a fish and a pound of shrimp. All told we spent $14, plus a dollar for bus fare there and back. At one point, a woman came up to us and offered five heads of broccoli and a head of cauliflower for a dollar, so we bought them.

This market is much larger than the one we have been shopping at, even though we thought it was big. The new one probably covers 4-5 acres, and maybe more. This picture shows a fairly large stall, but it was not even a tenth of a percent of the whole thing. I will try to take more pictures there, but there is no way that pictures can really give an idea of its magnitude. Nor the odors, either, some of which were attractive, and some of which were not.

And these eggs came from a variety of birds. I'm not sure which birds, except the big one appears to be from an ostrich.
This evening Samuel and I went to a Christmas program at the church, and enjoyed it. It would have been even more enjoyable with less amplification, but I took earplugs, so that was OK. There was a lot of enthusiasm, and people there certainly had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment