Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Almuerzo

We didn't do a lot today. I went to the grocery store for a few things that were not available at the market, and had a typical Ecuadorian almuerzo lunch, for the typical price of $2. Here is a picture of my lunch, after I had consumed the soup. The glass contains jugo de naranjillo, or naranjillo juice. Naranjillo is a fruit that is grown here, but not generally known in the US. The chunk that's left in the soup bowl is a bone. The rice comes with beans and meat, and a couple of slices of cooked banana.Then Susan and I went to the church this evening so she could teach some piano lessons, and I worked with a young man who is trying to improve his English. Actually his English is very good, except that he needs help with learning correct pronunciation. I am so glad that I learned English first.

Oh, and I am not going to say anything more about power outages. After my comment yesterday that we appear to be past them, we had another one today, with power going off about 3:00 p.m. I used the time to sweep the apartment out, and to mop the kitchen, both of which needed doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment