Monday, January 18, 2010

Plans

This morning I called American Airlines to find out what it would cost to change the date on our return tickets, and the answer was $246 per ticket. Then I called a lawyer here in Cuenca who specializes in visas, and he said that it would cost about $160 to get a 90-day extension on our visas, so this is now our plan. We have an appointment to meet with him tomorrow morning, so we should learn more then. If this works out as planned, we will come home on February 24 as originally planned.

I also went to the market today to pick up more groceries, onions, broccoli, chard, squash, carrots, etc., but I didn't take any pictures. Then this afternoon, our friend, Cumundá Cabrera, came over and gave Susan another lesson in Spanish. These lessons are intense and exhausting, but they really do help her improve her Spanish.

Yesterday at church the bishop's wife invited us to come over this evening for Family Home Evening, so they picked us up about seven this evening. It was really enjoyable to visit their home and family. They have three sons, Sebastian, Nicolás, and Matias, ages [my estimate, I forgot to ask for the older two] 12, 7, and 16 months. We had a lot of fun, and both of us had a real workout on our Spanish. They each speak a little English, but not as much as we speak Spanish, plus we feel more necessity to work on our Spanish. I don't know how long we would need to be here before an evening of speaking Spanish would not be noteworthy, but we are not there yet. I am worn out, and will head for bed shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment