Saturday, January 2, 2010

Not much

This morning Susan and I went up to the market where I had spotted a small shop that sells yarn and similar stuff, and she bought some yarn and a small crochet hook. One of the women at church had showed her a crocheted hair band that she wanted to try to copy, so this was to provide the materials.

Then Samuel, Ben, and I walked over to the museum that Susan and I visited last March, but when we arrived around noon, we found that it closed at 1:00, so we decided to wait and come back next week. We also stopped at the Carolina Bookstore, which is run by an American woman named Caroline, and which deals primarily with English-language books.

Otherwise, it was a relatively quiet day. The weather was beautiful, and we probably should have done something else, but the city is very quiet, as if recovering from the festivities, and I would guess that quite a few are gone for the long weekend. I did use the time this afternoon to sweep and mop the floor again, as it needed it, but not a lot else.

No comments:

Post a Comment