Thursday, January 28, 2010

This evening we went back to the church, where Susan practiced on the piano while waiting for a student who didn't show up, and I went with a couple of other men to look for a couple of families that they hadn't seen in a while. My presence was not essential, but I was available, and I enjoyed going with them. We didn't find anyone we were looking for, but I still had a good time.

My Spanish has improved a lot, but when they were talking to each other, I could understand from 50-80% of the words, and yet not have any idea what they were talking about. It is amazing how much our understanding depends on catching the general flow of ideas, and how hard that can be in another language. I am getting better, but I still have a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment