Wednesday, February 10, 2010

100th posting

I noticed as I started to write this entry that to date I have posted to this blog 99 times, so with this one this evening, I am posting my 100th entry to this blog.

Today I went back out with Perry, planning to work on a small dam 18 inches high or so, to divert water to the planned filter. However, we also left a big trench in the road the last time we were there, in order to let water drain from a small spring or seep under the road, and in the interim it rained a lot, probably well over an inch. We had left the trench so that it drained out to the side, but with the rain some of the trench sides had collapsed into the trench, so we had to clean it out before adding gravel and plastic sheeting to form a permanent drain. This wound up being all that we worked on there today.

Here is a picture of Perry watching as our two workers shoveled gravel out of the bucket of the backhoe into the trench.
Also, here is a picture of one of the locals who came by on horseback and stayed a while to watch and visit. I should remember his name, but I don't. Nor did I get the name of the horse, but it sure is pretty.
And finally, as Perry was scooping up dirt to put back in the trench, at one point he dug into the turf a little bit, and I found this worm [part of a worm, actually] that I thought was impressive. If they have fish here to match their worms, I am looking forward to going fishing!
We are now planning to return next week, probably on Tuesday, to do what we meant to do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment