Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mercado once again

Today I went back to the mercado as we keep running out of food. The list today included tuna [fresh], swiss chard, avocados, onions, carrots, haba beans, green beans, eggs, bananas, and pineapple. I got everything but the pineapple, as I could not find a good one. I finally got one later at the grocery store, but even it was somewhat over-ripe. It is edible, but would have been better sooner. It is like they are waiting for another truck load of them to arrive.

Anyhow, while at the market today, I took a picture of this woman and her tomatoes. One of these buckets of tomatoes is a dollar, and I love how they stack them with one on top.I also got a picture of this woman after I bought dried fava beans from her. Susan really likes them, and we plan to bring most of these back with us. This stand has lots of stuff around the edges, including canned tuna, eggs, and such, but mostly she has these big bags of corn, beans, grains, etc.I also went by a place we found earlier where they have a sign advertising piano lessons. Susan wanted to know if there is anyone in Cuenca who tunes pianos, and if so, how good are they and what do they charge. If we bring her piano down here, she certainly needs to be able to get it tuned after we arrive. I talked to a young woman who works there, and we have an appointment to return tomorrow at eleven or a little after to meet with the "Profesora".

No comments:

Post a Comment